Ethno-centered Clinical Work: The Importance of Culture
You can preview this course and take the first two post tests, but in order to receive the certificate of completion and the associated 3 CEUs authorized by the Minnesota Board of Social Work, you must purchase the course. You should check with your own licensing board to determine if the CEUs earned here will be recognized.
The cost of this certificate is $60.00
- Identify factors that contribute to overdose deaths among the Indigenous population
- Know the various ways to establish a multi-disciplinary group to share knowledge
- Recognize the factors unique to Indigenous peoples that contribute to the spread of the opioid epidemic.
- Identify components of American Indian Culture that are seen as protective against overdose deaths
- Recognize how historical trauma plays a role in the current crisis
- Evaluate the value of the DSM5 to diagnose mental illness in Native culture.
- Analyze the use of the Native medicine wheel as an effective tool in healing.
- List the ways of building collective resilience.
- List the primary barriers to service engagement for immigrants and refugees
- Understand how trauma system therapy for refugees differs from standard trauma therapy.
- Know how TST-R addresses barriers to service engagement
- Know how a cultural humility stance is important when working across cultures
Steps to Completion
- Preview any or all of the three videos contained in the course at no charge.
- The post tests for the first two videos are available via a link at the end of each video.
- The post test associated with the final video is not available until the course is purchased
- Purchase the course by clicking on the purchase CEU button.
- Once you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with the URL for the final post test.
- When you have completed the post test, you will automatically be provided with a PDF of the certificate that you can download and print.
You can view this course full screen by clicking on the opposing arrows in the upper left corner of the course
Purchase Webinar Certificate Course
Anyone who wishes to purchase a webinar certificate course can register, pay $60.00 and complete a post test.Purchase CEU