Trauma Effective Leadership
You are invited to step into learning how to become an inspired leader who creates an environment that is informed about trauma and effective at ameliorating trauma and mitigating the chance of re-traumatization.
The University of Minnesota’s School of Social Work Center for Practice and Transformation and Alia are excited to commence another offering of the Trauma-Effective Leadership Certificate, intended to build trauma-competent leaders and resilient organizations.
This certificate course brings together a small cohort of leaders from human services, child welfare, behavioral/mental health, law enforcement/corrections, health care, education, and more, from both the private and public sectors. The cohort size is limited to 20 to ensure an engaged learning community.
What you will attain from this course:
• What a trauma-effective organization looks like and how to define, measure, and recognize well-being.
• New trauma-effective leadership techniques based on an emerging understanding of the importance of both physical and psychological safety.
• Increased awareness of the leader’s role in shaping culture to be safe in both conscious and unconscious practices in the parallel process.
• New skills and strategies to create a toolbox of trauma-effective leadership practices.
• A completion certificate that you can present to your respective credentialing board for up to 88 Continuing Education hours
The class meets virtually once a month for two hours. Class meeting times are 11am-1pm CST.
September 20, 2022
October 18, 2022
November 15, 2022
December 13, 2022
January 24, 2023
February 28, 2023
March 21, 2023
April 18, 2023
May 16, 2023
June 13, 2023 – Last class!
Please complete your application by August 15, 2022.