Trauma Effective Leadership
You are invited to step into learning how to become an inspired leader who creates an environment that is informed about trauma and effective at ameliorating trauma and mitigating the chance of re-traumatization.
The University of Minnesota’s School of Social Work Center for Practice and Transformation and Alia are excited to commence another offering of the Trauma-Effective Leadership Certificate, intended to build trauma-competent leaders and resilient organizations.
This certificate course brings together a small cohort of leaders from human services, child welfare, behavioral/mental health, law enforcement/corrections, health care, education, and more, from both the private and public sectors. The cohort size is limited to 20 to ensure an engaged learning community.
Participants in this Certificate program will engage in a hybrid learning experience that includes live virtual workshops and an online learning platform, Canvas, with readings and activities that will deepen their application of knowledge and skills. CEs are awarded for activities completed in the ALL and count towards certification. Participants will be expected to commit up to 4 hours per month between live meetings to completing activities in Canvas.
After completing this course, you will comprehend and be able to apply:
• What a trauma-effective organization looks like and how to define, measure, and recognize well-being.
• New trauma-effective leadership techniques are based on an emerging understanding of the importance of physical and psychological safety.
• Increased awareness of the leader’s role in shaping culture to be safe in both conscious and unconscious practices in the parallel process.
• New skills and strategies to create a toolbox of trauma-effective leadership practices.
• A completion certificate that you can present to your respective credentialing board for up to 88 Continuing Education hours
The class meets virtually via Zoom once a month for two hours.
October 26, 2022 – 2:30pm – 4:30pm CDT
November 15, 2022 – 12pm – 2pm CDT
December 13, 2022 – 12pm – 2pm CDT
January 24, 2023 – 12pm – 2pm CDT
February 28, 2023 – 12pm – 2pm CDT
March 21, 2023 -12pm – 2pm CDT
April 18, 2023
May 16, 2023
June 13, 2023
The last class – is to be determined at the first workshop.